I have always never fitted into any box, which continues to be a blessing and a curse alike. To question everything does not make you everybody’s darling, but you sure get to have a unique path. I do not believe that I hold all the answers, but I feel we are onto something when we ask: Are humans frugivores?
Hey, dear fellow seeker of truth in nutrition and regeneration. My name is Martina Spaeni Lima, and I am determined to know all about the human species-specific diet. For this purpose, I am convinced that biology must meet nutrition! Knowing about our origins, our ancestral ecological niche, and comparing humans to those species that are remarkably similar to us – the great apes – can reveal life-changing insights. Especially when paired with holistic health and nutritional science.
I also aim to raise awareness of the toxic overload of the world and our bodies and what we can do about it – to help ourselves, but also all other living beings that strive to live on mother nature.
I truly believe we never stop learning, and some of the most valuable insights come from the most simple moments. I am grateful I am at a point where I can integrate reductionist academic approaches with a higher perspective and – as I love to believe – a higher awareness!
Education and Experience
- Nutrition Science at Stanford Center for Health Education
- Courses in detoxification and mitochondrial health
- Overcoming my autoimmune condition naturally in 2013
- Intern at Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL, “Adaptive Genetic Variation of Silver Fir in Switzerland” (link)
- M.Sc. in Biology, Ecology UZH, University of Zurich (link)
- B.Sc. in Biology UZH, University of Zurich
- Growing up in a family that founded a local business focused on organic foods, natural remedies, and herbalism in Switzerland in the 1980s
As you can clearly see, I am not a “picture person,” but you get an idea of me, lol. I live with my family in Switzerland, but I have stayed in tropical countries for some periods of time and have extended family in Africa. My personal goal is to be a human that does not cause harm, but helps make this place better for everyone.
Follow my page on facebook for regular inputs about frugivores and frugivore diet:
Also, check out my two best articles that will help you understand the importance of this topic in nutrition and feel the passion: