Chia pudding with coconut milk is a delicious and nutritious treat on a fruit-based diet. However, this should not become a regular main meal because chia seeds should not be used in large quantities. Chia-coconut pudding can be a valuable fallback food during winter or when we cannot access high-quality ripe tropical food, chia can be a survival hack.
Note: Find a guide on food groups according to the natural human diet (the frugivore diet) here.
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (best homemade)
- 1-2 tablespoons natural sweetness of your choice (i.e. coconut sugar or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 1-2 cups of Frozen fruits of choice (mango, strawberry, blueberries)
- 1-2 limes
- Fresh fruits, passion fruit, nuts, or shredded coconut for topping (optional). Bananas are the best choice if this is a main meal.
For the chia seed pudding:
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the chia seeds, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt (if using). Stir well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight. This allows the chia seeds to absorb the liquid and form a pudding-like consistency.
- After the chia pudding has set, give it a good stir to break up any clumps that might have formed.
- If the consistency is too thick for your liking, you can add a bit more coconut milk to achieve the desired texture.
For the fruit layer:
- Blend the frozen fruits with a splash of water or maple syrup
- Mixed it with maple syrup and lime juice to taste
- Pour it on top of the chia pudding
Serve the chia fruity pudding in individual bowls or glasses. You can add a layer of passion fruit, some fresh fruits, nuts, or shredded coconut on top for extra flavor and texture. Enjoy your coconut chia pudding as a breakfast, snack, or dessert.
Customize this recipe to suit your taste preferences. You can experiment with different sweeteners, add cocoa powder for a chocolatey version, or mix in some spices like cinnamon or cardamom for added warmth and flavor. Chia pudding is very versatile, so have fun and get creative!