This fully natural ice cream is a classic healthy treat in a fruit-based diet, but also for others…
Calories: Highly variable depending on what you add to the ice cream. The bananas alone deliver ca. 500 – 800 kcal.
- 4-6 Bananas
- Maple syrup
- Coconut milk (best home-made)
- Possible toppings: Maple syrup, nuts, fruits, dried coconut
- Start by slicing the ripe bananas into small chunks. Make sure they are ripe as they provide natural sweetness to the nice cream.
- Place the banana slices on a tray or plate and freeze them for at least 2 hours or until they are completely frozen. This step ensures a creamy texture.
- Once the bananas are frozen, transfer them to a blender or food processor.
- You can add different ingredients into the blender to spice-up the flavor and alter the consistency a bit: vanilla, a splash of maple syrup, coconut milk, frozen berries.
Blending the frozen bananas:
- Blend the mixture on high speed until the bananas break down into a creamy and smooth consistency. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor occasionally.
- If you desire a softer texture, you can enjoy the nice cream immediately. If you prefer a firmer consistency, transfer the mixture to a container and freeze for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Once the nice cream reaches your desired consistency, scoop it into bowls or cones.
- You can serve the vanilla nice cream as is or customize it with your favorite toppings such as chopped nuts, fresh fruits, or shredded coconut.