This fully natural ice cream is a classic healthy treat in a fruit-based diet, but also for others…
Calories: Highly variable depending on what you add to the ice cream. The bananas alone deliver ca. 500 – 800 kcal.
Ingredients: (can be fruitarian or frugivore)
- 4-6 Bananas
- Maple syrup
- Coconut milk (best home-made)
- Possible toppings: Maple syrup, nuts, fruits, dried coconut
- Start by slicing the ripe bananas into small chunks. Make sure they are ripe as they provide natural sweetness to the nice cream.
- Place the banana slices on a tray or plate and freeze them for at least 2 hours or until they are completely frozen. This step ensures a creamy texture.
- Once the bananas are frozen, transfer them to a blender or food processor.
- You can add different ingredients into the blender to spice-up the flavor and alter the consistency a bit: vanilla, a splash of maple syrup, coconut milk, frozen berries.
Blending the frozen bananas:
- Blend the mixture on high speed until the bananas break down into a creamy and smooth consistency. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor occasionally.
- If you desire a softer texture, you can enjoy the nice cream immediately. If you prefer a firmer consistency, transfer the mixture to a container and freeze for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Once the nice cream reaches your desired consistency, scoop it into bowls or cones.
- You can serve the vanilla nice cream as is or customize it with your favorite toppings such as chopped nuts, fresh fruits, or shredded coconut.
Go to How to do the Frugivore Diet